Re: ignition light worry

To: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: ignition light worry
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:38:32 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Andy,

I would first check the obvious.  Belt tension, Good connections on Battery and
Generator including the fuse box and Voltage Reg.  If it's not there, then the
fun begins as it can be any thing from a broken wire internal to the jacket or a
rub through just bumping up against the body some where and lowering the voltage
of the loop.  Hopefully it not the last, they are a real B to find.   You ask
how I know?

I had a Tr**ph GT6 with the same symptoms.  Every time I hit a bump the lights
would go out and the Alt light come on for 30 sec. or so.  I ended up replacing
the whole harness, not an easy job in a GT6 as they are a hard top version of
the Spit. with a 6 cyl engine.  Cool car if you ever get the chance to own one.
Extremely fast and very uncomfortable to drive if you are over 5'10" tall.  Just
not enough leg room.  That's why I'm a PO, got tired of driving with my legs
bent.

Good luck

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby