Dream A Series Engine.....

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dream A Series Engine.....
From: "Robert Weeks" <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:36:31 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,

I was just looking at the spare 1275 engine that is sitting in my shop and I
started to think / fantasize about maybe rebuilding it into a hot street
engine next spring.

I know some of the listers have done 1380s with hot cams, etc. Does anyone
have any input on what would are the most desirable mods to do on one of
these engines? I'd like to keep it streetable and pretty smooth at idle but
I'd like a lot of torque. Top end speed isn't that important as anything
over 90 mph is overkill in a Midget (just my opinion, but I'm sure the local
authorities would agree) Mostly I'd like to be able to blip the throttle and
have it scoot, especially when I'm in-between two SUVs on the highway.

No rush for answers, I'm just in the dreaming stage at this point and the
engine that I have in the car now is fine, but if anyone has done an engine
that they feel is really spectacular please post the particulars to the
list. Otherwise I'll have to sell this "extremely rare" engine on ebay (just
kidding)

Thanks,

Robert Weeks

http://www.woozy.com              <-----work