Re: Roller Rockers and Tappet Noise

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roller Rockers and Tappet Noise
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:59:11 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have to say that I remain unconvinced that Pierce know much about anything
when it comes to performance tuning.  In any event there is a full
explanation in David Vizards book (page 306 of the first yellow edition) that
explains why hi-lift rockers need more clearance.  YES, I know you can play
around with clearances with the time, inclination and money to spend on the
dyno which I haven't done but guess that DV has.

So, unless I hear different it's another black mark against Pierce.

Daniel1312