Re: HIF queries.

To: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: HIF queries.
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:13:54 -0600
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Rob,
        In answer to the simlarities.... 44 divided by 25.4 = 1.7322834 or 1.75"
or 1" & 6 8ths or HIF 6. They are extremely similar.(Your 1-3/8 would be a
HIF 3... haven't heard of that one.:-)
My experience was when these first came out and I was in the manufacture of
parts for them. The racers would complain of starvation on cornering and
this was "a" suggestion. Back then it was dual carb RWD cars ala MGB and
Volvos. As I said, the jets are cheap enough, might be worth a try.
        My 31 Morris 8 has a cute little SU as well....
        Good luck.    Peter
---