Used Cam Swap Advice

To: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Used Cam Swap Advice
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:50:47 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am seeking list advice.  I have a running stock engine that I am going to
pull this weekend to replace the clutch.  No big deal, been there, done
that.  I also have another engine that is toast (collapsed 1380 pistons
chewed up cylinder walls, no more metal to remove) that has a nice cam in
it.  I am not a machinist.  If the cam looks good (no visual scaring) can I
put it in my other engine, or do I have to swap bearings, lifters, line bore
or anything else.  Any other tips?  By looking at a cam, what do you need to
do to measure it's specs? I was told this cam is a "Cooper S spec" but don't
know what that spec is.  I just know the last two engines this cam was in
pulled a lot higher into the RPM band than what this stock engine does.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon