Re: A shoulder to cry on

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A shoulder to cry on
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:32:18 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/23/99 2:35:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< It's just that I have been in bed sick for the last 4 days, had a death
 in the (not too close) family, sent my mother in law off to the hospital
 yesterday, and today finally when I felt almost alive for the first time
 since last weekend, I went outside to stand up the rose trellice that
 must have fallen in the storm (I think we had a storm)  and I walked out
 to the garage only to catch a glimpse of something blue on the A40. Upon
 closer inspection the blue was a Slurpee someone had dumped on the roof
 of the car, I found the cup. I also found a note on the windshield and 2
 flat tires, 1 sliced, the other a nail hammered into the side wall. Both
 not repairable.
 My daughter knows nothing, but the note sure suggests that she knows
 what's up >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not fair!!!  Keep a stiff upper lip Frank.  It can only get better.  As far
as the A40, see if you can get the police involved.  Two tires ruined is
vandalism and they should pay.  If your daughter really knows something about
it, as you suspect, it will be a lesson for her to learn as well.  We gotta
teach our kids that responsibility is not just on the other guy.

BTW, my youngest son just seized the cam shaft on his '89 Ford Probe.  We had
just finished (a month ago) replacing a stuck lifter that was driving him
nuts with all the tapping.  When we checked the oil after towing it to the
shop, the level was below the dip stick.  He had been watching the oil
pressure gauge and it was working fine.  NOW he knows that he has to check
the dip stick every week.  A $2000 lesson learned.

Frank, have a Merry Christmas.  We're all thinkin' about you.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport