Re: got another 69! (no LBC)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: got another 69! (no LBC)
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:51:14 -0500
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I remember back in the late '60s when Austin Americas had a worse reputation
for reliability than Jags.  I saw more of them parked along the side of the
road than traveling down the road!!  I bought one in the'70s for $50, got it
running, gave it to my 16 year old sister, she drove it for a few months,
sold it to someone for $250, they drove it a few days, it stopped working,
they sued my sister to get their money back, and the judge said, "Caveat
emptor".  She won her case and that was our last experience with Austin
Americas.

Bob