Re: Ammeter

Subject: Re: Ammeter
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 01:08:31 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I've got an Ammeter in my sprite, I think I remember asking the list about
ammeter vs. voltmeter about 6 months ago, voltmeter clearly came out ahead.
I still went ahead and got a smiths ammeter from XKs unlimited and installed
it in my counsel\dash I made. I prefer ammeter because that's what both my
cars have in them, I know how to read them. I can see the current being used
or being generated depending on which way the needle swings + or -. My only
suggestion would be to get a 30 amp ammeter. This jerk in some gauge shop
somehow convinced me to get the 60 amp model, I think the battery connectors
will melt before my sprite will ever have a 60 amp short or my generator
will blow up before in generates 60 amps. All the jerk did was order from
XKs unlimited and charged me twice their price. It was some gauge shop in LA
BTW, But the smith gauge is nice, I got the white faced one to be different.

I too think voltmeters are kinda pointless, I guess I just don't know how to
read them.

Toby Atwater

71 Toyota Land Cruiser, the bruiser.
69 Austin Healey Sprite, the knight.