Re: Ammeter

Subject: Re: Ammeter
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:38:11 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
> spridget?

the bigger the size wire, the better. I used 8 gauge wire. the lower the
gauge, the better. follow the + cable off the battery and it should go to
the starter solenoid. There will be a takeoff off the solenoid to feed the
rest of the sprite. an Ammeter is wired in series. That takeoff is where the
ammeter needs to be hooked up. run thick wires to the dash\gauge and back.
Also check the range of operation the gauge reads... should be something
like +30amps to -30amps with 0 in the middle. 30 amps is good, probably
nothing lower.

> Are there any consequences of having an ammeter?

As you can probably tell, all the juice powering your spridget (except for
the starter) has to run through the gauge. People don't like having all this
juice running through their dash. That's why voltmeters are so popular on
new cars. But ammeters aren't dangerous if hooked up correctly...

Good luck.

Toby