wiper wiring plug needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: wiper wiring plug needed
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:11:02 -0800
Hi,

I'm slowly putting a later wiper motor in my 62 sprite, and am about ready
to wire it up.  I've got the excellent wiring diagram from Eriks Skinkis,
but I realized that I have to find some way to connect the wires in the car
to the plug in the wiper motor.  The wiper motor has a plastic plug with
some metal prongs sticking out of it.  The correct wiring harness would
have a plastic plug that plugged into this plug, and the wires would all be
connected, without any danger of shorting them out.  If I just use crimp on
wire connectors, the wires can possible short out, because the connectors
aren't insulated all the way.  I've checked at local auto parts stores, but
they don't seem to have any plug that would fit (it needs to have 5 wires).
I was wondering if anyone had a parts car and they'd be willing to sell me
the plug that connects to the wiper.  Or, if anyone has any idea of a good
way to connect the wires?  I know this doesn't make much sense and sounds
like mumbo jumbo, but I'd sure appeciate any info or help.  Thanks,

Ric Otte