RE: Shifter Gaiter & Engine color

To: "'Brad Fornal'" <toyman@htcomp.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shifter Gaiter & Engine color
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:16:33 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
You need to slow down...

-----Original Message-----
From Brad Fornal [mailto:toyman at htcomp.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2000 11:00 AM
To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Shifter Gaiter & Engine color

I recently put the correct round rubber shifter gaiter around the gear
lever instead of the leatherette boot that I had before. Now when at
speed the wind coming through the tranny tunnel blows the thing loose
from the metal surround and it drifts around the bottom of the knob like
a UFO. Is this rubber piece supposed to be glued to the metal surround?
Also, I am cleaning up my shed and found two canister oil filter units,
one is a medium (tractor?) green and the other is a very pale green,
almost an aqua or teal colour, it looks as though it may even be a bit
metallic. Which colour is correct as I want to paint the engine for the
Bugeye and have it the correct colour. TIA      Brad