Re: Painting Car with proper paint color

To: "Martin Cooper" <cooper6@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Painting Car with proper paint color
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:41:26 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Iris Blue:    Factory code: BU.12
                 ICI Code: 3243

Iris Blue replaced Speedwell Blue in January 1959, was also used on HAN6 and
HAN7.

All this according to the 'Austin-Healey Guide to Historic Colors' by Don
Pikovnik. For those of you who have never seen this publication, it's top
quality and shows all the colors used on Sprites, 100, 100-6, and 3000
models. It shows color by model, and also alphabetically. The color samples
are color matched lacquer applied directly to the page, not photographic
reproductions. The samples are big enough to be useful in matching or
analysis at the paint shop.

The A-H Guide is the first in a series to include Jaguar, MG, and Triumph.

No personal interest, etc, but very impressed with the guide.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)
1963 Sprite Mk II project (HAN7L/30003)