Re: Carburetor Problem - Update

To: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetor Problem - Update
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:17:16 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Philip,

I've been told that the SU's must have oil in the dampers, otherwise the
engine will hunt.  This sounds like what is happening.  It could also be
mixture the big M word.    It could also be carb sync too.

Now let me say beware.  Always check the ignition, valve and timing first.  I
have come to a rule "the Carbs are the last thing I touch."  Too many people
start with the carbs when in fact it is something simple like wires or points
causing the problems.  I would also check for the proverbial vacuum leak, they
will drive you nuts.

I just went through this on my MGB.  It took almost 6 months to get all the
bugs out of the rebuild.  It just takes time.  It could still be the Carbs,
especially if you have rebuilt the engine or the carbs.

Good luck

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby