Re: ???? What list is this??

To: wizardz <wizardz@maxinter.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ???? What list is this??
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:20:17 -0500
wizardz wrote:

> Did I lose something somewhere.
> ...did my email system switch me over from the Spridget list
> to an anatomy list or something?

Paul,

In some senses you are right, but the world or list is not perfect
nor will it ever be correct for everyone.  Once you get 3 people
someone will disagree.   I think three things can be done to make
you and the rest of the list happy.

1.  If you are not using a threaded mailer, get one.  If if supports
a kill file better.  This will enable you to kill a bunch of message
very quickly, and still read most of what interests you.

2.  Get a mailer that supports filters and filter on the sender field
and the subject field.

3.  If everyone on the list would put (NO LBC) in the subject line when
there is NO LBC content in the message people could filter on the
subject line.  This is an important step to promote list harmony.

If we all did these 3 steps this list could be everything to almost all
people.  Sure it will take a bit of time up front but the benefits far
out way any hassles or learning or time in setup.  What do you folks think
about these ideas, especially number three?

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget