My baby's back! - Gear reduction starters

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: My baby's back! - Gear reduction starters
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:56:54 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone,

I finally got my bugeye back yesterday from it's 3-month stint back at the body
shop!  Of course it was raining, and I don't have the top fitted yet ;-) Some
of
you may remember, it had an unfortunate encounter with a Ford F150, only 4-days
after the Palo Alto British car show, after I had just finished my restoration
:-(
In any case it's safe in my garage again, and ready to go:-)
I getting ready to do the Rivergate 5-speed conversion, and I was wondering if
anyone has experience with one of the 'Gear Reduction' starters available??
I was thinking of getting one, so I can avoid cutting the bell housing  on the
new tranny to accommodate the 'stock' starter.

Thanks,
Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA