emergency brake

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: emergency brake
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:52:47 -0800
Even after a complete rebuild of the braking system on my bugeye, the
emergency brake does not engage until the brake handle is nearly all the
way up.  I've adjusted the nut on the long threaded housing end until the
 nut only has enough threads to hold.  That is, it has all the slack
taken up.  It seems to me that the cable is too long by as much as 1".
I've examined the brake lever end for worn parts and found none.  The
linkage likewise is in good shape.
Is there some way to improve this situation?
                        Thanks, Glen Byrns