Re: emergency brake

To: Glen <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: emergency brake
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:36:19 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen wrote:

> Even after a complete rebuild of the braking system on my bugeye, the
> emergency brake does not engage until the brake handle is nearly all the
> way up.  I've adjusted the nut on the long threaded housing end until the
>  nut only has enough threads to hold.  That is, it has all the slack
> taken up.  It seems to me that the cable is too long by as much as 1".

I won't ask where the cable came from but I went thru 2 in 2 years. Must
be Asian metal or something. I have found a couple of NOS cables from
Carlisle and have had no problems.
If you are buying them from 1 of the 2 big suppliers, put a cable slack
taker upper on it. This is all you can do.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ