Driver's side A-Post Skin!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Driver's side A-Post Skin!
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 06:46:52 EST
Last night I finished welding in the driver's side A-post skin--I gotta say
it looks pretty darn good for this welding novice!!!    If only the front
fender and door will fit with proper straight line clearances, I will be in
like Flynn, as they say!!   Question, though:  I have not yet attempted to
bend and crimp the rear flange around the a-post yet.  Are there any tricks I
should know as to how to best do this without denting the outer skin?  I know
Eastwood has a tool for this, but I don't have one and if there is a way to
do it cleanly without denting the skin I would prefer to not buy a tool I
will only use a couple of times.  Thanks for any replies.

--David C.