Re: Panhard Rods. How?

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Panhard Rods. How?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:46:06 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
The panhard rod only sees lengthwise tension and compression loads. The rose
joints
(heim joints or sperical bearings) ensure that there are no bending loads.
Of course,
you have to remember that under compression it is subject to possible
buckling.

Having said that, a mild steel tube of  1" OD and 5/8" ID is more than
sufficient for the
hardest use. I'd have to check what I used, but it is thinner than this and
I've had no problems.

Mike