Re: differentials

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: differentials
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:07:15 -0800
Glen
Highway driving is very important to me.  I have the 3.73:1 in my car.  I
have used it with both the ribcase and the Datsun 5-speed.  For highway
driving it is great.  The only downside I found was when autocrossing (only
tried it a couple of times)  2nd gear with the ribcase becomes too tall to
exit corners quickly, and, well, you know what happens when you try to jam a
ribcase into 1st on the fly...
They were available from late 1978 through the end of production in the 1500
Midgets.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget