California Melee

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: California Melee
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:54:33 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
A friend at work just showed me the Mar. 2000 Road and Track mag with an
article about the 'California Melee'.  Apparently spoofing the California
Mille rally.  Beat up old cars (including a trashed white bugeye) racing
around 600 miles of California backroads.  Looks like loads of fun.  The
article mentioned that rutted roads and water crossings were part of the
route to discourage the Concours crowd.  Though I aspire to make my bugeye
'perfect' some day, for now, THESE ARE MY PEOPLE!
Does anyone on the list know more about this rally than was in the article,
or perhaps who owns the white bugeye depicted in the article?
I'm definitely interested in driving this one.  Looks like tons of fun.
                                    Regards, Glen Byrns