Re: NEW AHCUSA

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NEW AHCUSA
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 16:46:23 -0500
Okay, okay.  Granted, I probably have overreacted, but as someone who
has been "ripped off" blatantly and repeatedly by various folks over the
years, I'm a little sensitive.  (I put food on the table, in part, with
my pen and my voice, so this tends to be a hot button issue for me.)

Too many people think that anything on a web page >>is<< public domain
(and therefore fair game for any use).

As for a litigious society, a nasty letter from a lawyer is a great way
to AVOID litigation.  Shoot, I almost got sued once because I DIDN'T
have my lawyer send a nastygram.  (Complicated story, but I was
threatened with a lawsuit by party "A" because I didn't scream "cease
and desist" loud enough to party "B".  Go figure.)

Consider me suitably spanked.  I'm sorry (and I >>DO<< mean it).

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net