Re: front hubnut threadsize

To: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: front hubnut threadsize
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:45:13 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Shawn,  Any Chilton's Manual, 1940-1999 or any other manual I have ever
seen, that covers them , standard tapered cone roller wheel bearing, 10
ft/lb and back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn to line up the slot for the pin. By the
way ARP states in their instructions that when installing their studs in the
block they should be "finger tight (approximately 8 ft/lb )", that's close
isn't it?  So if you really want finger tight and back to the next slot to
line up should work.  The 10ft/lb will set the pre-load and make sure that
the bearings and races are lined up properly.  There are instructions for
everything, you just got to find them.   Or how about a test?  Set them
"finger tight" and then torque to 10 ft/lb and see how far the nut has
turned, it should work unless the bearings are not properly lined up when
finger tight.
        Crash