AHCUSA-response to follow-up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: AHCUSA-response to follow-up
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:34:18 -0800
Dear listers and fellow Healey enthusiasts,

My name is Greg Kaufman, I am the editor of Austin-Healey Magazine. I have
wondered lately why my ears have been burning and per the email cc'd and
addressed to me today regarding my usage of Frank Clarici's articles, I now
know why.

I won't repeat the points Reid Trummel and Les Myer made in their response
to this issue, but I want to take the opportunity to make a few comments
regarding my usage of Frank Clarici's tech articles in Austin-Healey
Magazine.

I can assure you, the last thing in the world I want to do is cause
dissention among the Healey ranks. I share a passion for this marque as you
do. My goal is to bring information that is helpful and informative to
Healey owners everywhere, every month. I respect the sources of that
information and do everything I can to ensure it is used ethically and
honestly. One source of that information is Frank's tech articles. I think
they are are well-written, fun and educational. There are many Healey
owners who have not had the benefit of his advice, thus my decision to
publish them. I thought, and still do believe, I was working well within
the aforementioned guidelines of using this information. Having said that,
I want to emphasize the following:

To those concerned with their material posted, let me put this issue to
rest. I will not use anything from PDLJMPR without contacting both Les Myer
AND the author, regardless of any caveats. A few more things need to be
said:

Thank you Frank Clarici for your wonderful articles. It's guys like you
that help "Keep 'em on the road." I apologize for not contacting you before
publishing them. If someone could send me an email or phone number where
Frank can be reached, I would like to convey my thanks and apology to him
directly.

Thank you Les Myer for granting me permission to use information from your
fine website, for your comments today clarifying that permission and your
perspective on this matter.

Thank you Reid Trummel for your support. You are truly a friend.

It is my sincere hope that all those offended by my usage of Frank's tech
articles will consider the context and parameters in which it was done, now
having read both sides of the story.

Thank you,
Greg Kaufman
Editor, Austin-Healey Magazine