Re: Front Damper Pulley

To: "Richard Shipman" <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Front Damper Pulley
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:05:57 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I'm only a dumb engineer, but I would not mess with swapping
dampers. Even the English had foot long 1930's equations on
primary , secondary and tertiary harmonic vibrations. The damper
and crankshaft operate integrally, and any disruption of that flux
generator interface could introduce cyclic stresses, the smallest
of which over a period of time would induce catastrophic
crankshaft fatigue failure.

None of the above is at all related to the simple unreliability
factor of LBC's.

Mike
AN5 10426 etc