Re: A arms

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: A arms
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:13:55 -0800 (PST)
Yes, I have.

When I did my bugeye restoration, I converted it to the front disk brake setup,
from a later midget, using the entire suspension setup from each side (except
for springs). I Also pulled the sway-bar, and links from that same car.
This entire setup bolted straight onto the bugeye, and required no
modifications
to the car itself. There were already pre threaded holes under the frame for
the
sway-bar to bolt to.
I of course reconditioned the front assembly with new
bushings/kingpins/calipers/disks before using. In fact, I ended up replacing
both front a-arms with NEW ones, since both the arms I got from the later
midget, were cracked, which wasn't apparent until I cleaned the grease off.

I would not recommend 'drilling' the older a-arms for the sway-bar mount, since
they are not reinforced to handle the extra stress.

 - Bryan (59- bugeye)
 San Jose, CA