Re: Clutch Pin

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <millerls@ado13.com>, <mgrint@Sympatico.ca>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Pin
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:22:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I'll be doing exactly this...this weekend.
determining the best and simplest way to figure out what length
pin would best suit the present condition of you linkage system.

Off hand,  at this moment I'd be inclined to believe the total 'throw'
of the slave cyl. will vary from car to car by some small amount due to
volumetrics relating to cyl. and plumbing sizes.  I'd guess the best course
is to see how far it needs to travel, than measure the pin length
with the plunger positioned far enough up into the slave cyl to
give you the stroke you need, while still being able to travel
farther out the slave cyl. as wear in the clutch needs more throw.

I'll let you know over the weekend how my work turns out

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html