Re: Clutch Pin

To: GLOWNSDALE@aol.com, wizardz@maxinter.net, millerls@ado13.com, mgrint@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Pin
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 07:44:58 EST
In a message dated 3/3/2000 8:05:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GLOWNSDALE@aol.com writes:

<< On the subject of slotting the clutch slave cylinder mounting holes, the
Lotus Elan clutch slave cylinder uses a clamping ring to accomplish this same
purpose.  The ring is part of a base that is bolted to the bellhousing.  The
clutch slave cylinder slides through this ring.  When the clutch slave
cylinder has been located relative to the clutch actuation rod, a clamping
bolt & nut are tightened to hold it in place.  This also works on a Sprite
with a few modifications. On the race car, it also allows us to remove the
clutch slave cylinder with its line attached very quickly for engine removal
and replacement. >>

Thanks Gary!  I will be anxious to eyeball that the next time I get to the
FM.  I will e-amil you to find out when you will be there.

--David C.