Re: Temperature question

To: "Michael Walter" <mwalter@luminet.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temperature question
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:01:40 -0500
Best bet, Thermostat stuck open. The heating after parking is heat sok
from the engine to the coolant. Very typical, very normal. On the other
hand the temp might just be fine and the gauge f&%$ed up.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 3/6/00 10:43 AM, mwalter@luminet.net made
the profound statement:

>Yesterday it was 70+ degrees in Minnesota. A day not on be wasted on work
>around the house. So, me and the missus and the meejit went for a ride.
>This was the first time that we have taken it out of town. So, we packed
>the cell phone and the AAA number and hit the road. Ran beautifully.
>
>Finally, I will get to my question. It is a '79 midget. When running, the
>temp gauge barely creeps off of "C". I am used to cars that run with the
>temp in the middle between "C" and "H". Now, after I shut if off and it sat
>for a little bit, when I restatrted it the needle was in the middle.
>However, it very quickly assumed its position just east of  "C".
>
>Is this normal? Could I have a car that just runs "cold"? Or, do you think
>the gauge might be out of calibration?
> I have some driving to do this summer and I don't want to risk it
>overheating.
>

>=========================
>Michael Walter - Winona, MN
>mwalter@luminet.net
>http://www.luminet.net/~mwalter/
>
>"There is a price to be paid for owning a piece of automotive history"
>old truck (his) - new Honda (hers) - '81 Harley (his)
>'79Midget (to be decided)

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager