Temperature question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature question
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:43:02 -0600
Yesterday it was 70+ degrees in Minnesota. A day not on be wasted on work
around the house. So, me and the missus and the meejit went for a ride.
This was the first time that we have taken it out of town. So, we packed
the cell phone and the AAA number and hit the road. Ran beautifully.

Finally, I will get to my question. It is a '79 midget. When running, the
temp gauge barely creeps off of "C". I am used to cars that run with the
temp in the middle between "C" and "H". Now, after I shut if off and it sat
for a little bit, when I restatrted it the needle was in the middle.
However, it very quickly assumed its position just east of  "C".

Is this normal? Could I have a car that just runs "cold"? Or, do you think
the gauge might be out of calibration?
 I have some driving to do this summer and I don't want to risk it
overheating.

Michael Walter - Winona, MN
mwalter@luminet.net
http://www.luminet.net/~mwalter/

"There is a price to be paid for owning a piece of automotive history"
old truck (his) - new Honda (hers) - '81 Harley (his)
'79Midget (to be decided)