Re: More Fuel Pump + valve question

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Fuel Pump + valve question
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:18:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
>Here's an interesting (to me) update on my fuel pump.  I went out to the
>garage to put on the new Facet brand fuel pump, but decided to turn the key
>one last time to see what was up.  Of course, I got a completely normally
>functioning SU fuel pump at this point.  Delightful thump, thump, thump
>until up to pressure.  Drove around the neighborhood until car was good and
>warm and stopped and started the car several times.  No problems.
>
>Has anyone seen this phenomenon before?  Absolutely no click from pump one
>day, let it rest and then functions normally after that?  Is this just a
>sign that it is going bad or does it get stuck from time to time or....

Couldn't it also be a clog in the float bowls?  I had a fuel delivery
problem last year in which a listmember suggested pinching off the fuel line
until the float bowls drain and the car stalls, then releasing the line and
letting the rush of new fuel clear out whatever junk might have accumulated.

Next step, clean the float bowls and do an oil change.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite