Mini Mania Swap Meet

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mini Mania Swap Meet
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:11:45 -0800
Started off in the Bugeye at about 7 AM heading for the rendezvous at Mini
Mania with some fellow list members. Stopped for gas at a station about 5
miles from home. Filled up and was ready to head for the hiway, no way.
Clutch would not fully engage, slipping like mad.Nursed it home at the
maximum allowable speed  without slipping too much(about 40 MPH). Parked it
in the garage and left in my pickup. Found Bryan right away, just followed
the crowd to his beautiful Bugeye. Met Bill (herbytoy), Glen Byrns(Mr.
Turbo), and Dave Riker. Bill picked up a 4.22 diff and every time I saw
Bryan he had purchased something new. Somehow missed Gerard. We were up
front at 11:00 (where he mentioned in his email) but did not see him. Ran
into Dave and he said that Gerard had left. Did not buy anything myself but
did spread a lot of BS around.

Took about 10 minutes to diagnose and fix the Bugeye when I got home. Seems
the last time I was messing with the clutch (put a different type slave on
it), I also adjusted the pushrod in the master cylinder. Well apparently I
forgot to tighten the lock nut when I finished. It had screwed itself in so
far that it was keeping the fluid from flowing back to the MC.

Works a whole lot better now.

Larry Miller