Re: Fraudulent Bugeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fraudulent Bugeye
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:36:29 -0600
At 04:39 PM 3/12/00 EST, GMari58175@aol.com wrote:
>Greetings Listers,
>To make a very long story short, here is the warning:
>You  might see a Bugeye advertised for sale located in San Antonio Texas.
>This particular bugeye will most likely be advertised as having 3,000
>original miles and be unrestored and in pristine condition.  I have been
>asked to pass the word on to the Healey world that this particular car is
NOT
>as advertised.  Actually it is   a very original and rust free car...but
>probably with 103,000 miles...not 3,000.  The asking price was $10,000.  So
>anyway, doing my job and passing the word.
>George Marinos
>Sprite MKII HAN6
>glen rock, nj

George,

Is this listed as still currently for sale?  I'm thinking that it might be
=my= bugeye.  :)  I bought a green (unoriginal shade) '60 bugeye advertised
as having 3,000 original miles on it from a source in San Antonio (months
and months ago)  I think it was part of a package deal costing $10,000 at
one point.  I had an extremely trusted fellow lister check it out and I
knew the original 3,000 miles bit was way off.  It was very orignal and
almost 100% rust free.  I paid no where near $10,000 for it.  :)

It needs a total restoration, but I've got a good solid place to start and
am very pleased.

Do you have a name on the orignal owner?  It would be interesting to see if
this were the bugeye I eventually purchased.

List,

While I'm here.  I changed the fuel pump for a Beck and Arnley supplied
unit that basically looks like the SU and fits in the original bracket.
Went on smoothly and the testing seems to indicate it is ok.  I'll be
testing it fully on the commute to work tomorrow morning.  :)

Philip
1974 Damask Red Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1960 BRG Bugeye Sprite - First up for restoration
1973 Damask Red Midget - Project car for sale