Re: 5 speed

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 speed
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:31:20 EST
In a message dated 3/23/00 2:43:48 PM, Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

<< In my car with a C/R H/C gear set with a 3.9 diff ratio:

                41mph at 7,000 rpm in 1st

                65 mph  in 2nd

                93 mph in 3rd

                100mph in 3rd if you take it to 7,500 rpm

I usually change up from 3rd to 4th at about 80mph and then drop it into 5th
for a cruise of about 85 - 90 mph.

Daniel1312

I find my 72 to be a bit scary at 80+ mph because it's very quick to react
to the slightest steering input.  Is this normal?
I have rebuilt the following in the past 2 years:
Front suspension w/stock rubber bushings
Front springs, 340lb
3/4 inch swaybar
Stock rear springs w/ poly bushings

Other than poly front bushings what is needed to settle it down?
What about front alignment? I am currently at 1/16" toe-in.

Thanks

York Powell
72 Midget