Re: 5 speed

To: ridleymj@bis.on.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 speed
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:41:10 EST
This is a nice conversion and very similar to the one I have in my car.  The
problem for anyone outside Europe is the cost of importing the kit and
locating a suitable box.  The advantage is the quick shift gear lever option
and the many helical and straight cut gearsets you can get for this box.  The
kit will of course work with a Caterham 6 speed or a Quaife sequential 6
speed.

In my car with a C/R H/C gear set with a 3.9 diff ratio:

                41mph at 7,000 rpm in 1st

                65 mph  in 2nd

                93 mph in 3rd

                100mph in 3rd if you take it to 7,500 rpm

I usually change up from 3rd to 4th at about 80mph and then drop it into 5th
for a cruise of about 85 - 90 mph.

Daniel1312