Re: Oh where, oh where is my little sill gone?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oh where, oh where is my little sill gone?
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 07:58:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Yes, I stand as an individual and can take credit and blame and humiliation
in stride.  I do not expect that Canada has appointed me as an ambassador to
spridget owners and I don't think that I represent the common Canadian
either.  I am here in this world, at this point,  to provide for my family
in various ways.  As long as I am at peace with myself, I don't really care
if a stranger from any country thinks that I'm a fool.  I'll do ( just
about ) anything for a laugh.  I have seen my life pass before my eyes
several times and perhaps the next time will be the last.  Life is far too
short to be walking around with a chip on your shoulder.  Smile, make
someone smile or laugh, do a favour for someone, surround yourself with nice
smiling people.  When you see that movie of your life in front of your eyes
while your car is flipping through the air ( for example ) or you see a 2
ton tree falling on your head, hope that you have no regrets.  I wish that I
was perfect, but I'm not.  I wish everyone liked me, but they don't.  So, in
brief, I wish you no harm, but you do have in your power, the ability to
ignore me, if my antics bother you.

How come R.H. Houston gets the title of gentleman?  :)

Doesn't everyone want to be Canadian?  We only wish that it wasn't tacks
(tax) holding the country together.

I do believe in sharing the wealth with those less fortunate to some degree.
The bigger issue is having the money to give without taking on more debt.
Are you referring to loans to developing countries or the on-going Liberal
patronage/HRDC scandal?

Who does understand Quebec, or anything else for that matter?  There are
many different perspectives on things.  Just for an example: there are the
perspectives of those who see Canada as being originally composed of 2
peoples through a treaty ( leaving the aboriginals out of it ), there are
westerners, there are English Quebecers, there are French Quebecers, there
are those who only see French as a language and those who see it as a
culture... and many more angles.

Greg, we'll learn something of you by your posts and your dealings with
people on the list.  I doubt that anyone will ever expect to 'know' "you",
and you may find, quite often, that they may disagree with your own
perception of "you".

Robert D.
Going out to try to expose more rust before the welder gets here to appraise
the damage.