Now I've done it ...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now I've done it ...
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:14:28 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hey!  Anyone want to buy some parts?  ( kidding ... I think )

I did get those tack welds ( brazing ... whatever! ) cut easily with a
Dremel.  The car immediately sagged sufficiently that the door doesn't close
right anymore.  Well, now I know where the structural support was.

The welder ( who remembers cutting up my 'B' way back when while employed by
the guy who bought it after the tree fell on it ) says that after I
chemically strip the paint and remove mechanical parts, I can get it sand
blasted by a pro for about $700 and then I can help him prep it for welding
and that would not be under $2000 plus parts and then we go off to the body
prep and paint shop.  The price rages on ... all estimates.

I cannot afford to do it all at once, even if I had a bunch of time to do
the chemical stripping.  This has either become a long term project instead
of a rolling restoration or ... I'm in the market for another car?  Or ...
both?

BTW, I do not feel qualified to weld, body prep or paint.

Not a happy day!  :(

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette