Machine Work-

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Machine Work-
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 17:08:44 -0800
I dumped the crank and head from my 1275 off at the machine shop Friday.  I
would not be suprised if I can get away with just polishing the crank.  My main
and rod bearings were worn to hell,
(http://crackhead.baba-booey.com/autopsy.htm) but the crank had little visible
wear.

I'm having the head cleaned and magnafluxed.  If it checks out ok, I've got to
take it to another shop with an EDM drill to blast out a broken off rethreading
tap from one of the exhaust stud holes (This is the second time this head has
been to that shop for EDM drilling.)  The first time, I broke off an easy-out in
one of the thermostat housing stud holes...  Then I'm gonna do some minor
porting, order Rimflo 1.401 intakes and 1.212 exhausts, bronze guides, and
hardened seats.  Then I'll dump it off a  the machine shop for the rest of the
head work.

We've been getting a little sun lately and it's killing me not having my Midget
running!

Curt Onstott - Crop and Soil Science Computing Admin
  Oregon State University. - (541) 737-5875 - Office: CrpS 153b
                    http://www.css.orst.edu/curt
No, life IS a contest.  Perhaps it doesn't FEEL like a contest to YOU
                because I WON so long ago.  -Voorhis
  '70 MG Midget    '75 Jaguar XJ6     '95 Specialized RockHopper