Re: Fuses

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuses
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:10:44 EST
In a message dated 3/27/00 8:07:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<< Allen, There are 2 brown wires coming off the # 7 terminal (top fuse,
 heater side.) they go to the starter ignition switch and the solenoid.
 THe one you see is likely to go through the firewall and into the
 steering column. On my 78 they are brown not brown with white. I gleened
 this info from looking experience, and looking in the original factory
 shop manual.

 I suspect if you disconnect it you will not be able to start the car.

 Larry  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have the two solid brown wires on the correct fuse.  It's the brown/white
wire that I don't understand.  Frank thinks it is part of the ignition
circuit also.  I will look over the diagram, starting at the ignition switch,
and see if I can find any circuits marked with NW for the wire color.

If I can't find it, I will finish mounting the new fuse block, insert the new
fuses, unplug the BROWN/WHITE and see what happens.

It's interesting that you say the two brown wires come off the top fuse,
heater side.  My '77 fuse block has the power coming IN from the heater side
and going out the side toward the right wing.  Seems to be the same order,
but backwards.

Thanks,

Allen