Re: More 5 Speed junk

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: More 5 Speed junk
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:25:19 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From Jeff Boatright <jboatri at emory.edu>
To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 28 March 2000 18:01
Subject: More 5 Speed junk

> Dan,
> Here's a wringer: Has anyone experience with the ORIGINAL five speed
> as installed by the Healey Motorcar Company for their works Sebring
> Sprites? Did it use off-the-shelf BMC parts? Did everything fit in
> the current housing?
>
> Jeff

I can recall reading about this set-up some years ago.  I believe it was
based partly on the MGB box with 5th gear on the outside.  This may be
incorrect but the article implied that it wasn't the sort of conversion to
be either done at home or sold to the public.  I'll try to find it for you.
Rob Thomas