Re: Sudden Problems!!

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sudden Problems!!
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 05:59:12 -0800 (PST)
Could have spun a bearing or lost your thrust
washer(s).  Look for glitter in the oil, and go from
there.

--- DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> My 1500 has developed a problem.  While driving in
> the warm sunshine this
> afternoon and negotiating some curves and finally a
> 90 degree turn by
> downshifting, I erroneously downshifted too far and
> shot the revs up suddenly
> to over 5000.  Now the engine has developed a rattle
> or knock--worse when
> revved.   I pulled the valve cover but nothing seems
> out of place there.  Now
> it seems to be coming from the lower engine or
> perhaps the clutch area--not
> sure which yet.
>
> I will have AAA tow it to my favorite British shop
> where I can use the cherry
> picker if I need to pull the engine.  Will keep you
> advised of the problem
> and the progress.  If anybody has an idea what could
> have snapped please
> advise.  Thanks!
>
> --David C.

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032