Re: Sudden Problems!!

To: soavero@yahoo.com, DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sudden Problems!!
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:39:27 EST
In a message dated 4/1/2000 8:59:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<< Could have spun a bearing or lost your thrust
 washer(s).  Look for glitter in the oil, and go from
 there. >>

Ron--Thanks.  The thrust washers are pinned.  Dropped the oil pan and pulled
the valve cover.  Nothing real unusual.  One chunk of cast iron metal about
the size of the end of my little finger.  Found the place it came from--the
lower front of the block.  Nothing mechanical contacts that area--I really
don't think it has anything to do with the rattle.  The rods and crank look
ok.  Nothing abnormally loose--just a little side to side play in the rods on
the crank, but  I think I had that much play when I put it together a year
and a half ago.

--David C.