New fuse block, new short, BZZZT!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New fuse block, new short, BZZZT!
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:53:45 EDT
I finished installing the new Littelfuse ATO fuse block yesterday.  It all
went as planned, despite a wiring abortion by the DPO.  And I can attest that
the fuse block works!  I put the wires on and plugged the fuses in.  When I
put the battery cable back on, one of the fuses went BZZZT!

In the 1977 1500 Midget, the bottom two fuses are for the marker lights and
parking lights, left side and right side.  The wire for the right side
measures a dead short to ground, so it blew the fuse.  I will have to do some
detective work to find the short.

Now for the weird part.  The wire for the left side does not show a short and
does not blow the fuse, but the parking lights and marker lights on that side
do not light either.  Power is getting to the fuse block when the light
switch is turned on, so the switch isn't the problem.

I guess I will look for the short on the right side and see if I can get half
of the lights working.

Any ideas?  (Short of a new wiring harness!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport