More electrical

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More electrical
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:53:46 EDT
When I was replacing the fuse block, I noticed a small metal can on the
firewall.  It looks like a solenoid.  It is mounted above the fuse block,
next to the bonnet hinge.  There are six terminals on the bottom,
representing four circuits.  (That is, four of the terminals are connected
into two circuits electrically.)  There are NO wires on this thing at all!
So the DPO replaced it with something else.  There are no markings on the
device except a clean spot where the label used to be.

I looked at the wiring diagram and could not find anything with six wires on
it remotely resembling this thing.  It is obviously an original part, because
it was mounted with two machine screws into captive nuts in the firewall.
Once again, this is my '77 Midget.

I'm thinking it may be the solenoid for the wiper motor.  Does that sound
correct?  Wipers work, a little slow but they work.  The wiper motor shows
six connections on the wiring diagram.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget