Re: A question of value

To: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Subject: Re: A question of value
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 08:15:01 -0700
Cc: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill & Cindy wrote:

> Tonight we went to look at a 60 bugeye, and unfortunately came away
> disappointed.

> Any and all opinions, thoughts, rants and/or comments you might have
> as to the value of a car as described and my question of self-delusion
> or  bugeyes for sale would be interesting.

FWIW

I bought my first Bugeye in 1988, although it had floors, the sills and
A posts were rusty and the bonnet and rear deck needed lots of bondo.
Everything else came in milk crates except the interior. That was
missing altogether. I was happy to plunk down $1200 and load it on a
trailer and in the back of my pickup.
My second Bugeye was had for $500, it ran but had no floors at all, it
needed a bonnet due to rust holes the size of small birds (yes rust
HOLES thru the bonnet) no sills inner or outer, but it had seats.
This is the Bugeye that came home in the bed of a pick up truck (Maine
to NJ)
I bought a very early Bugeye for $200. Again it ran fine but for the
most part this car was returned to it's original condition. Iron ore and
cosmic dust!
I sort of swept it up and shoveled it into a trash can.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ