Re: Lurker/Old List Member/Silent Majority (LBC content)

To: "Stan Fickes" <fickes@acm.org>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lurker/Old List Member/Silent Majority (LBC content)
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:32:30 -0700
Hi Stan,
Sorry you are no longer in northern CA.........we are having fun out here.
We own a 78 Midget.  My husband bought it a few (5/6?) years ago.
After my first ride in it I was terrified.  I finally got over that and
have "caught the bug".  Last year I bought a TR7 for a dollar.....it was
sitting in a field...... you may have read the story in your lurkings.  As
of this past weekend we have a 71 Midget, too......a neglected and abused
orphan that needs Lots of TLC.  (I sent the story to the list).
A bit over a year ago I started scoping out the Spridget mail and located a
show to go to so we could "meet" people from the list.... the rest (as they
say) is history.  We have met more of these nice people and I joined a
couple of clubs so we could see what was happening "out there in
SpridgetLand" -- we manage to get together often for some neat rides....
again, in your lurkings you may have read about the SWAG (that's us).  Some
of our drives ... not all ... make the list.  We are back to "honeymoon
status"......all the kids moved out (some more than once).
Peggy
http://www.geocities.com/bohlerbunch/BohlerBunch.html
http://www.geocities.com/bohlerbunch/Queenie.html
Our vehicle list is:
1978 MG Midget (BRG) "Kermit"     (His)
1978 TR7 sunroof (Black) "Pepe"       (Mine)
1971 MG Midget "Queenie"   (the newly adopted orphan)   (Ours)<G>
1986 Toyota Corolla "The Big Car"
1993 Mercury Villager "The Van" - for hauling grandchildren and car parts.