oop's, Sorry Dear.

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: oop's, Sorry Dear.
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:15:43 -0700
Oop's, sorry dear,

That's how it ended my work in the garage today.  This is how it began.

Started out backing Puddles into my MGA sitting in the drive.  Caught
the front corner of my Bug-i, ouch.  Luckily it popped out so all that
remains is a small ding.  put a good size dent in the A rear quarter.
Oh well, it is next on my list of project cars any way.

Put the MGB on blocks as the overdrive quit on it two days ago.  I
initially found a broken wire to the coil which I reattached.  Didn't
fix it. so now the troubleshooting starts.  OD are no fun to trouble
shoot because they require all kind of special tools that I might add I
don't have.  After fighting with it for two days my sweet SO says did
you check the oil?  Like duh, "of course I did", and proceeded to check
it when she left.  Doesn't that just frost your cookie's when she's
right.

Now that it is fixed I have time to play a little on my project car, a
52 TD.  I have it down to the frame and the frame is painted.  Now comes
all the tedious work of spraying the little things like drums and
brackets.  I have the axle housing sitting there waiting for paint.  So
I decided to drain the oil out of it.  I lifted it up in the air on two
jack stands and it was pretty stable.  The drain plug came right out and
the pan caught the oil.  Great and I didn't even make a mess.  Off came
the brake drum no problem, I did one whole side.  got the other side
apart, and while i was removing the brake slave cylinder the whole thing
came down on me.  The axle housing went thud, the pan of oil catapulted
across the room on my wife's white clothes pile.  Which brings me to the
above statement.  Oop's, sorry dear.  I just got done cleaning oil off
the floor, you know the thick stuff, for and hour. Off the dryer, the
water softener, the wall and everything else it covered in it flight.
Needless to say her whites will definitely need a little bleach.

I'm done for the day.  I made my mess and now I'm content.  You got to
laugh when you do something so stupid it catches you by surprise and
makes this big of a mess. Now why didn't I think to pull the pan out
from under the axle, the plug was in.  I just hadn't got to it yet.

Rick