RE: U Joint Zerk 70 Midget

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'Larry Cogan'" <woodrat@spacey.net>
Subject: RE: U Joint Zerk 70 Midget
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:12:38 -0700
U-Jounts you could actually lubricate date from the days when the average
car owner was assumed to have enough simple mechanical aptitude (and
interest) to take an active role in the maintenance of his/her vehicle.
Somewhere along the line, most manufacturers decided the average owner had
become too stupid or lazy (no comment) to accomplish even the simplest of
tasks on a vehicle...so goodbye zerk fittings, hello to "sealed for life" (a
very, very short life!) components. U-joints without a fitting have to be
removed/disassembled to be lubricated. Dumb? You betcha'!

Jim Algar