What about Bob? ( diary type LBC only )

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: What about Bob? ( diary type LBC only )
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 08:13:56 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Here's the update on how things are unfolding:

A.H. Spares did finally respond about a week later, to tell me the shipping
cost ( 165 pounds ), but still did not volunteer any more info on the
manufacturer of their panels.

I had just resolved my order of SteelCraft panels from Obsolete Auto in
Sarnia, Ontario www.obsoleteauto.com the night before.  It's in the mail.

I tried MacGregor ( http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/products.html ) for
some rubber bits and he was unable to supply any of what I wanted.

I am updating my website.  It is a bit of hack work, done 2 minutes at a
time.  My flatbed scanner decides not to work sometimes.  I'm ready to give
it the big hammer approach ... very soon.

My master cylinder arrived back from Sierra Specialty Automotive in
California.  Some fuzzy blurry photos are posted.  I think that I had the
shakes due to early morning caffeine deprivation. :)  ( I had to get my
semi-annual cholesterol level tests done, which meant fasting for 12 hours.
I'm never right after starting a day without caffeine.

I found a 30 minute block of time Thursday night with decent temperatures
and decided to run in the week-old air compressor as per the manual.  I
spent the spare minutes for the rest of the evening, trying to figure out
which fuse powers the garage.  I found it last night fairly quickly.  In the
process, 2 more fuses are labelled.  ( The kids let me know when the TV went
off. :) )  The 'bad' fuse does not appear to be blown, even under close
scrutiny.  Oh yeah ... and when the freezer went off, ... it didn't come
back on.  I unplugged it for about 15 minutes and then it started again when
I replugged it.  The compressor ran for a couple of minutes last night,
without blowing another fuse.

I attended the local A.H. Club meeting last Tues. night and was able to
quickly glance through the Porter book.  This was the first meeting that I
have been able to attend since the fall.  Off-season meetings are held at
members' houses and I also had the opportunity to see a bugeye-in-a-box
project.  Wow!  This car is a project.  There are no exterior body panels on
it and it is on its side having the floors removed.  I got to see the 'spot
weld remover' drill attachment and the results.  A pretty cool tool.

Listening to all of the events that ae going to happen while I am carless,
left me a bit out of sorts.  Apparently, the Montreal A.H. Club will be
providing 22 or 24 cars to drive the 'drivers' around the track before the
Gran Prix in June??  ( Did I get that right? )

Some locals will be off to Ancaster tomorrow.  :(

The Beaconsfield event is May 28th? this year.

I tried to order a Lincoln MIG PAK 10 welder from Canadian Tire and found
that they are on backorder.  I haven't pursued that any further yet, but
they'll call me when it comes in.  It could be 8 weeks.

My Porter book has not arrived yet.

Eastwood has a great site: http://www.eastwoodcompany.com

My wife has been travelling a lot lately for work and life as a temporary
single parent has left me bushed.  That and the weather and the bureaucracy
end of Spridget repairs means that I haven't touched the car in a while. :(

I just had to bring the dog out, ... the weather is great.  It's about 52
degrees F. at 8 am.  What am I doing at the computer?

This is my life!  :)

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette