the old switcheroo

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: the old switcheroo
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:31:34 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
ok-ok!  i have no intention to fake anything with the insurance.  i can
insure it for what ever i choose and send actual photos ofthe real car to my
insurer to cover it as a restored vintage race car that will be street
driven(with all the standard stuff in place(signals,horn,lights,wipers glass
etc.).  i just need to get through harrisburg's aplication for the lic.
plate.  since it is an aaca certified vintage race car and has numerous
verifyable national awards and the car is not a recent fabrication from
vintage pictures.  this is my problem.  i could register the car normally in
this state.  i want vintage registration for a few specific reasons.  even
though i am a state lic. vehicle inspector i am currently not attached to a
inspection station.  regular lic. requires a once a year inspection.  my car
is so low you can not drive it onto a lift without dragging and damaging the
exhaust system. along with that i know what goes on in inspection stations
and will not allow that to happen to my bugeye.  1 snapped wheel stud with
my n.o.s. vintage lugs and i would go ballistic!  air tools are great if you
know what to do with them but inspection mechanics are always in a hurry to
beat flat rate since inspections pay so poorly unless you can find something
wrong and sell more work.   vintage registration in pennsylvania requires no
state inspections after issuing the plate and restricted use with no annual
renewals after issue.  this also creats a lowered ins. premium with the
restricted use.  that is exactly what i want.  permanent registration with
restricted use and lower ins. rates.  it's too radical for a daily driver!
i just want to get my  ya-ya's evry so often and legally drive it on the
street from time to time.  besides, coming to think of it, my business is
here at home!  i would have to drive 2 miles to get it out of storage to
drive it back 2 miles to drive to work and reverse the process to put it
away to come back home!   now that's funny!  but on a warm friday night when
the air is full of the pungent aroma of rice i want to drive down to the
local mall's burger joint and just cruise through the drive in and get a
burger and a diet beverage and slowly wind the gears out down the street as
the kids try to figure out" what the heck was that"  as i head back home
with that pleased inside kind of feeling!(from the car not the burger
allen!:).  lol!

chuck
i wanna go outside and play!
larry, there's more stuff in the other shed behind the garage where the
compressor is!  and oops!(it gets worse!) you didn't get the parts
department tour in the basement either :)